Tuesday, June 28, 2011

2011 Summer Clearance Trade with Nachos Grande

The second package of cards I got in the 2011 Summer Clearance Trade was from Chris at Nachos Grande. It was a nice stack of cards. Most were dups but there were 12 cards I needed. I'm quite satisfied again. At $2.50 for postage, that works out to about 20 cents per card. Works for me. I got these a bit out of order.

2004 Upper Deck Vintage #27 Richard HidalgoUpper Deck Vintage, Upper Deck's attempt to duplicate Topps Heritage from the heritage they don't have buy stealing card designs of the past.

2008 Upper Deck Goudey #83 Hunter PenceGoudey is a design from the past that they paid for. Apparently Fleer owned the Goudey name and designs.

1997 Collector's ChoiceI didn't buy much of this set. I have all of the Phillies cards from the set since I bought the Phillies cards on eBay last year.
But I didn't have too many of the Astros.
This is now the only 1997 Luis Gonzalez card I have for some reason.
This guy appeared in all of 52 games for the Astros, all in 1997. There are only 2 cards featuring him in an Astros uniform that I know of.
Abreu was still not a regular player in 1997, his last with the Astros. In 1998 he'll be with the Phillies and his career will take off.

1998 Collector's Choice StarQuest Special Delivery #21 Richard HidalgoIf you though those Star Quest cards that Upper Deck saddled us with for a few years were a new idea, think again. They used the same concept in mid to late 1990s Collector's Choice cards.

2003 Upper Deck Honor Roll #35 Jeff Kent
2003 Upper Deck Honor Roll #85I had exactly 2 cards from this set and they were both Lance Berkman cards. I'll take every Craig Biggio card I can find.

2005 UD All-Star Classics #92 Mike SchmidtMan, I love this card. But I already had it.

2007 Topps Allen & Ginter #196 Brad Ausmus
As much as I've always liked Allen & Ginter, I didn't really get on the A&G bandwagon until 2008. So I don't have many cards from the 2007 set.

2007 Topps Heritage #251I didn't buy too many cards from this set either. Flash Gordon signed an $18 million 3-year contract with the Phillies in 2006 and responded with 34 saves that year. But he had rotator cuff surgery in May of 2007 and was never really effective again.

No comments: