Sunday, November 1, 2015

Song of the Week - The Garden of Earthly Delights by The United States of America

If you're of a certain age (like me) you remember psychedelic music fondly, even if you weren't on mood-altering substances at the time. Here's a short piece by an obscure and short-lived band called The United States of America from their only album released in 1968. For being basically a no-hit wonder, their Wikipedia article is pretty long.



I never owned this record but I remember it from airplay on the alternative FM station, WMMR, in Philadelphia at the time. I could hardly believe it when I found it in my local library recently. If you like this sort of stuff, the album is available on YouTube.

Not to be confused with the 1993 alternative band The Presidents of the United States of America.

No comments: