Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cards from Phungo

I got a nice little package from Phungo the other day. Here are a few of the cards he sent along.

2004 Upper Deck Play Ball Lance Berkman #46In 2004, we weren't sick of retro cards. This is a nice set of which I have very few cards.

2008 Topps Heritage Greg Dobbs #625
As near as I can tell, Dobbs only had two regular issue cards in 2008, this and the regular Topps (not counting parallels of course). Dobbs hit .301 in 226 at bats for the Phillies in 2008 and had a pretty good, though limited, post season. 2009 wasn't as good a year for him. He only had 2 cards in 2009 as well, O-Pee-Chee and Upper Deck.

2002 Upper Deck Vintage Morgan Ensberg/Tim Redding #134
Upper Deck produced this Vintage set from 2002 through 2004. The designs were mostly blatant copies of early Topps designs. Sort of like Upper Deck Topps Heritage.

Like a number of other bloggers, myself included, Phungo has been designing his own baseball cards. He takes it one or two steps farther. The photos he features on his cards were taken by himself. And he makes print copies. Here are a couple he sent me.

This one may be a Black Frame insert (I think new for 2010). In addition to the black border, it is printed in glossy paper.
Here is his Harry Kalas memorial card. I really appreciate this.
I just happened to be in Philadelphia visiting relatives last year when Harry (he was always Harry to the fans) passed away. It was a sad time.

1 comment:

deal said...

Enjoy the cards - only a couple o weeks till spring training!