Wednesday, December 11, 2013

2013 Baseball Card Windup - What I bought in 2013 Part 8

Continuing with my review of card sets I bought in 2013. These are the cards that made it into my Reference Album.

Topps

Continuing with Topps, we move on to the parallel cards. By my count there were 7 Topps parallel sets this year: Back, Camo, Emerald Foil, Gold. Pink, Platinum, Blue Walmart, Red Target and Purple Toys R Us.  I only have a few of them. From the base set I added the straight player card, rookie, All-Star Rookie Cup, League Leaders, Individual Awards, Postseason and Checklist subsets to the Reference Album.

Parallel Cards

Emerald Foil
 Baseball as played in The Matrix.

Of the 11 of these I pulled I only got 3 of the 7 subsets.

Topps Gold
For a number of years, the Gold parallel set cards are serial numbered to the year of issue. This is 1446 of 2013.

This is a checklist card, numbered 0592/2013. Gold cards are a tougher pull and I only got these two.

Topps Blue Walmart
Only available at, you guessed it, Walmart.


I pulled 51 Blue cards but only 4 of the 7 I wanted. You may have noticed something about the cards I'm showing, they are all horizontally oriented cards. Every one I pulled was a horizontal card.

Topps Red Target

I bought most of my Topps cards at Walmart this year and only got one rack pack at Target just to get a few Red Cards. I got 15 of them, but only 2 filled my needs.


Topps Purple Toys R Us

I don't normally buy cards from Toys R Us since they don't have much of a selection. I bought one pack and was rewarded with 3 purple cards.

Purple is not my favorite color and this green on purple is particularly hideous.

The blue on purple isn't much better.

No comments: