Saturday, November 15, 2008

Song of the Week - Time Won't Let Me by The Outsiders

I have 5,690 songs on my iTunes. This is one of them.

In my alphabetical quest through my iPod library, I listened to "Time" songs this week:

Time - The Alan Parsons Group
Time - David Bowie
Time - Pink Floyd
Time and A Word - Yes
Time for Livin' - Association
Time Has Come Today - Chambers Brothers
Time is a Lion - Joe Henry
Time is Time - Yes
The Time it is Today - Association
Time Out of Mind - Steely Dan
Time Stands Still - Rush
Time to Heal - Midnight Oil
Time Won't Let Me - The Outsiders
Timebomb - Old 97's
The Times They are a Changin' - Bob Dylan
Until It's Time For You To Go - Buffy Sainte-Marie
Until the End of Time - Sarah Brightman
The Very Last Time - Todd Rundgren
Who Knows Where The Time Goes? - Judy Collins/Fairport Convention

I picked this song because I was surprised to find a video of it. The Outsiders had a big hit with this song in 1966. There is a long article in Wikipedia about them if you care to read it. Especially long for a band that only had one hit. The video is from a mid-sixties television show apparently from Boston. The video quality is poor, it looks like it was filmed with a Brownie camera. But it sounds good. Enjoy.


No comments: