Monday, December 15, 2014

The best of the rest from that repack

Last week I made a post about 3 cards I pulled from a recent repack I had bought. There were 100 cards in the box and I needed 42 of them. That's a pretty good ratio. Of course most of them were just cards to fill in holes in various sets and nothing special. But I believe every cards is special in it's own way. Since I know most of you may not agree with that, I'm just going to post some of the cards that a just a bit more special than the rest.

1978 Topps #244 Expos
I have almost no cards from 1978 Topps that aren't Phillies so a team photo/checklist card is special. The card has some creases but still worth keeping.

1979 Topps #646 Rick Sweet
I'm gonna just go ahead and say it, "What a sweet card!"

1988 Topps #388 Wade Boggs
I'm pretty near to completing the 1988 Topps set through repacks so it was nice to pull this card that I needed. I always like the 1988 All-Star cards.

1989 Upper Deck #438 Bob Walk
A two-fer. A 1989 Upper Deck card I needed and Bob Walk (no relation although I did have an uncle named Bob Walk).

1991 Stadium Club #258 Kenny Rogers
A 1991 Stadium Club card I needed. Too bad it's got some condition issues. This is a sour reminder that The Night Owl beat me to a post I'd been thinking about making.

1992 Donruss Coke Ryan #15 Nolan Ryan
This was a 26-card set honoring Nolan Ryan, available with Coke products in 1992. It uses the 1992 Donruss base card for the design. Although I never got one of these in 1992, I did pick up from a local store a poster featuring all the cards. I wish I knew what happened to that.

1994 Upper Deck Minors #190 Steve Gibralter
 This guy didn't have much of a career but it wasn't for being afraid to get his uniform dirty.

2010 Topps 206 Bronze #2 Willie Stargell
In my opinion, you can never go wrong with a WIllie Stargell card.





No comments: