Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Repack box hits a triple!

Last week I bought one of those Fairfield Authentic Memorabilia repacks. These come in two flavors, either relic or autograph. I bought the "Autograph Edition".

These have four packs of cards plus a loose auto card.  The 4 packs were 2102 Gypsy Queen, 2012 Topps Update, 2012 Topps Series 1 and 2010 Topps Update. As you may have guessed, not much to write home, or even a blog post, for the packs.

Here's the auto and what I consider a triple:

1. It's an auto card (but I already knew that)
2. It's a type of card I didn't have. 2008 SPx was a 150 card set with cards 101-150 being autographed. I actually only have one other card (not a auto) from the set, also an Astro
3. It's an Astro.

If it had been an on-card auto instead of a sticker I would have called it a home rune.

If the Astro had been an Astro I actually cared about, like Bagwell or Oswalt, it would have been a Grand Slam.

Patton made 2 starts for the Astros in 2007 before being traded to the Orioles for Miguel Tejada. In his other 5 years as a player, he's been used sparingly in relief. But he's apparently still working.

2 comments:

Laurens said...

Patton is fairly anonymous but he has more than one drug suspension in his MLB career.

Him meeting his half-sister for the first time five years ago is also notable.

Plastic Surgery Risks said...

You should comment on the competition comparison of the blog. You can highlight it's mind boggling. Your blog exploration/tour will broaden your conversions.