Thursday, August 5, 2010

1993 Studio cards

I always liked the Studio cards put out by Donruss. At least in the beginning. The last few years were nothing special. As for many sets, 1993 marked a big change in the appearance of Studio. 1993 was the year everybody went in big for full bleed cards and foil. Studio always featured a closeup shot of the player in a studio (get it?) setting. No action shots. The backs featured biographical information but not much in the way of statistics. 1993 saw the set go with full bleed with gold foil facsimile signatures and logo. The background of the card featured the players uniform logo. Here is a random selection of 1993 Studio cards that I happened to have scanned. They are arranged in alphabetical order by team. You should be able to recognize all of these guys.












3 comments:

Fuji said...

I must have quit by the time 1993 rolled around, because I don't remember this set. It's a great design though. I remember buying packs of 1991 Studio... trying to build that set.

Hackenbush said...

I love this set! Great pictures and the backs have some fun bits about the players, (hobbies, favorite player growing up, most prized possession etc.)

Charles @ Hoopography said...

Those are pretty cool. I love the upclose logos. Nice hair on Lenny D.!!!! Good Stuff!!!!