Sunday, February 14, 2010

Song of the Week - White Bird by It's A Beautiful Day

I have 9, 201 songs on iTunes. This is one of them.

It's a Beautiful Day was a short-lived band which put out two albums around 1970. The driving force behind the band was David and Linda LaFlamme. Their first album, released in 1969 was named simply It's a Beautiful Day and was a beautiful piece of work. It got a lot of airplay in Philadelphia back in the days when there was a thriving progressive radio presence there, mainly radio station WMMR.
Although I loved this album, for whatever reason, I never bought a copy. Then the band broke up, the LaFlammes got divorced and, due to ownership problems from the divorce, the album when out of print and disappeared from the stores. I finally was able to locate a used copy at a used record shop in the late 1980s. I recently found that the album is available on iTunes and bought it. It's just as good as I remember it. Here is probably the most popular song on the record.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Several years ago I picked up a copy of Marrying Maiden on vinyl. Great album. I've seen their debut album numerous times but have yet to buy it, then aqain, I don't haunt the used record places like I used to.