Tuesday, February 9, 2010

1950 Exhibit Postcard - Gil Hodges

Yesterday, I posted some cards from the 2004 Leaf Exhibits insert set. Well, here's the real thing.I acquired this on eBay for only $4.49 (including $2.50 postage). It's a bit beat up, it looks like it had been stapled and pinned to the wall many times, and there is a stain on the upper right corner. Examples of these in better shape were going for a lot more money. The back is completely blank. It is the size of a normal postcard. Click on the image to get a better look.

Yesterday, I directed your attention to this web site which gives some history on these cards. Based on the information there, I'm pretty sure this is the 1950 version of this card. Exhibit tended to use the same photograph year after year with only minor changes in the printing on the front. Before I wrote yesterday's post I didn't know anything about these cards and now I own one.

No comments: