Friday, July 25, 2008

Topps Cracker Jack Bonsai Plants

You've never seen one of these before.

I've seen other blogs with doctored baseball cards with their own photo or comic likeness on it. Its wonderful what can be done with Photoshop.

I thought I try my hand at this, but with a twist. This didn't turn out to bad even though I don't really know what I'm doing. This was done with Photoshop Elements, a pared down version of Photoshop. Elements is designed as a photo editing tool, for amateurs, like me. I mainly use it to crop and color correct scanned baseball cards and digital photos.

The hardest part really, was trying to match the type font of the BONSAI PLANTS and the name at the bottom. I didn't have a font that exactly matched, but I think I got close. The difference would be noticeable compared directly to an actual 2004 Cracker Jack card.

You may recognize the photo, it's the same one I used in the blog banner.

I'm listening to the Astros-Brewers game on Friday night (the 25th) while I'm making this post. Prince Fielder just hi a foul ball into the Astro's booth and hit the Astro's play-by-play guy right in the stomach. They're having a good laugh but its gonna leave a bruise.

No comments: