Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Players I Collect 2016 - Part 4

Leaving off with Griffey, now we get to...

Vladimir Guerrero
Guerrero retired in 2011 after a 16 year career. There were a few 2012 cards and then none until this year. I have a total of 216 Guerrero cards. For awhile, it seemed that he appeared in just about every insert set. As a consequence, he makes a lot of appearances in my reference card binders.


Guerrero spent most of his career with these two teams. 8 years as and Expo and 6 years as an Angel.

Bryce Harper
Another of the few current day players I collect. He was the 2012 NL Rookie of the Year and since then he's been a 4-time All-Star and the 2015 NL MVP.

This card has a frame on the front, which is a type of parallel card I like.

Would you like a little face with your eye black?

Oh, yeah, he was the #1 Draft Pick in 2010.

I'm not quite sure why I still buy Opening Day. It's a bit cheaper, so maybe.

I getting pretty tired of mini cards, even if they are purple.

Rickey Henderson
I have at least one card from nearly every year of Henderson's 23-year career. Plus for every year since he retired in 2003. The earliest card I have is a 1982 Fleer Stamp issue.


Next up - Ichiro.

1 comment:

Mike Matson said...

Vladimir Guerrero was always interesting to watch. I still think about the call a Braves announcer made in Vlad's rookie year about how leaving Guerrero in late was Alou throwing the white flag then Vlad immediately hits a HR.. lol