Tuesday, May 29, 2012

2012 Topps Archives - First Look (Part 2)

Last week I showed the base cards and most of the parallels. What else did I get in my 2 8-card pack blasters?

2012 Topps Archives 1967 Stickers Tim Linecum
Full-sized peel-off stickers based on a set from 1967. The backs are blank. I pulled 3 of this 25-card set.

2012 Topps Archives 1977 Cloth Robin Yount
This 25-card insert uses the same technology as last year's Topps Lineage Stickers. I pulled 3 but two of them were Yount. I'll gladly trade my extra Yount for either the Carlton or Halladay from the set.

2012 Topps Archives 1968 3D Willie Mays
I pulled 2 cards from this 15-card insert set. These look exactly like an insert from last year's Topps Lineage except they are slightly smaller than regular sized cards. They are basically blank on the back.

2012 Topps Archives 1969 Deckle Edge Ichiro

Another 15-card insert. I only pulled this one. The cards are b/w with a deckle edge and are smaller than normal cards. Also blank on the back.

2012 Topps Archives Gold #127 Evan Longoria
Not only a gold colored border but printed on holographic foil.  These are inserted 1:12 packs and I got 1. The back of the card is the same as the base card.

2012 Topps Archives 1956 Relics Alex Avila
baseballcardpedia.com says there are 55 of these but doesn't give the odds of getting one. The blaster box says to watch out for autographed cards but doesn't say anything about relic cards, even in the tiny black on dark blue print where they give the odds for each insert.

A pretty good selection of inserts. In addition to an autographed card, I didn't get a 1958 Classic Combo insert or a 1982 In Action insert. To eBay I go!


No comments: