Monday, April 18, 2011

Recent eBay acquisitions - 2011 cards

I went on a recent eBay orgy, mostly looking for relic cards. Here are the 2011 cards I picked up.

2011 Topps 60 Years of Topps Original Backs #23 Mike Schmidt
I already had the "non-original" back version of this, pulled from a pack. I'd like these reprint cards a whole lot more if they were printed on card stock somewhat like the original.

I'm trying to get the Schmidt alternative base card from Topps. I've lost 3 auctions already for it.

2011 Topps Manufactured Glove Leather Nameplate Hunter Pence
I'm not a real big fan of these manufactured patch thingys but this was a reasonable price ($3.49 including shipping). At an insert ratio of 1 in 461 packs I figured my odds of pulling one from a pack were exactly zero, since I wasn't planning to buy any more Series One Topps. It's not a bad looking card. The insert is real leather with real embroidery. And it's an Astro.

With such a long odds on pulling a card like this, I ask, why was this card so cheap? The answer is that I think not many people are really interested. The supply may be low but so is the demand.

I bought a number of Topps Heritage Clubhouse Collection Relics.



I actually bought the Ichiro card by accident. It was a "buy it now" type auction with what I thought was a $0.99 price tag. I thought, an Ichiro relic for 99 cents? Somehow I misread the price. It was actually $9.99, which is more like I'd expect to spend.


No comments: