Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thursday Night at the Movies - 2009 Academy Awards

For reasons I've not bothered to figure out, there are 10 movies nominated for Best Picture this year. Of the more than 40 movies that came out last year that we saw, we only managed to see three of the movies nominated. We saw the trailers for this and it looked interesting but we didn't see it. We'll be looking for this one on cable I guess.
This movie completely passed us by. I don't remember this at all. The write-up in today's paper about the nominees makes it sound pretty interesting. Another one to look for.
Of the three we saw, this is probably our favorite. It is the complete package. I don't think its going to win however.
We saw the trailers for this but weren't too interested, even though we like Sandra Bullock. I'm still not really interested.
I wanted to see this but my wife didn't. My daughter and I were going to go but by the time we got our act together, it was gone from the theaters.
Another movie that passed us by. We must have seen the trailers for hundreds of movies last year but I don't remember this one.
This looked funny in the trailers but the reviews for it made it sound too brutal for me. So we didn't see it.
Another movie that didn't look to interesting to us.
Another movie we saw and we really loved it. I don't think this will win either.
The third of the nominees we saw. I'd like to see this win just because it's a movie which does not rely on any sort of special effect to be successful.

1 comment:

Ryan Cracknell said...

I've seen nine of the ten (hoping to watch Precious this weekend) and it's between The Hurt Locker and Avatar for the big prize. Both are excellent but in totally different regards. I saw Avatar, like most did, in 3D. I'm not sure how I'd react to seeing it in 2D. I doubt it'd blow me away like it did so I chalk it, in part, up to being part gimmicky.

The Hurt Locker is TENSE. The opening sequence is particularly amazing. It was my favorite of the year that I saw. Definitely worth a spin on Blu-ray/DVD.