Saturday, November 7, 2009

Song of the Week - Roxanne by The Police

I own this song on LP but I don't have the MP3.

This song came out in April 1979. At the time I was dating a girl (who later became and still is my wife) who lived in Philadelphia while I lived in the suburbs. The Police were huge at this time "Roxanne" was in heavy rotation on the radio. I spent a lot of time in my car driving to or from her house that summer and consequently heard the song many many times. So although the song itself has nothing to do with my wife, I can never hear the song without thinking of those days.

The song is from their first album Outlandos d'Amour.

1 comment:

Tom said...

I had the 'Urgh! A Music War' (from where this video came from) back around '84. It was a compliation tape of lots of different new wave and punk bands.