Sunday, September 7, 2008

Song of the Week - Stars and Boulevards by Augustana

I have 5,517 songs on my iTunes. This is one of them.

Apple's iTunes Music Store gives away a free song every week. The songs are usually new and upcoming artists. For me, its a great way to get introduced to new bands since I don't listen to the radio. You get to listen to a 30 second clip of the song before you download it. Sometimes I download songs that I hate after I hear the whole thing, but usually if I I like the 30 second clip, I like the whole song. This is one I like. It's from an EP called "You'll Disappear". I never heard of the band. Wikipedia is sparce on information. Wikipedia describes them as a California piano rock band'. The song was originally released in 2005, but was released on this EP when another song of there's called Boston was played on a TV show called "One Tree Hill" in 2006. They have a recent EP called "Can't Love Can't Hurt" which has been featured on iTunes.

No comments: