Friday, March 28, 2008

Card Trade with White Sox Cards


It's been about 2 months since I found that there were baseball card blogs on the Internet. What I've found is a thriving community of people who collect and trade baseball cards and love to talk about them. Sounds like my kind of people. So I've been posting comments on the other blogs and have gotten some comments in return. Several other bloggers have put a link to my site on their pages. But this week I feel like a real member of the community since I've managed to make a trade with Steve, who runs the White Sox Cards blog. He has a 'want list' posted. I offered him a trade, 1998 White Sox cards I had for Phillies and Astros cards he had. After several emails we had a deal. He describes what he got from me here.

I was expecting 14 cards from Steve and I got 20. Thanks Steve! Luckily I threw in a few extra cards for him. Here's what I got from him.

What I expected (and got):

Chase Utley - 2004 Fleer InScribed
Jeff Bagwell - 2004 Fleer Legacy
Mike Schmidt - 2005 Donruss Greats
Jeff Bagwell - 2005 Fleer Platinum
Roy Oswalt - 2005 Throwback Threads
Brett Myers - 2005 Topps Total
Fernando Nieve - 2006 Topps '52
Roy Oswalt - 2007 Allen & Ginter
Yoel Hernandez - 2007 Allen & Ginter
Cole Hamels - 2007 Bowman
Pat Burrell - 2007 Bowman
Brett Myers - 2007 Bowman
Hector Bimenez - 2007 Bowman
Michael Bourne - 2007 Bowman

Bonus Cards (none of which I already had)

James Barthmaier - 2006 Bowman Heritage Prospects
Tim Moss - 2006 Bowman Heritage Prospects
Brad Lidge - 2007 Allen & Ginter
Morgan Ensberg - 2006 Ultra
Morgan Ensberg - 2006 Turkey Red
Bobby Estalella - 1998 Score Rookie/Traded
Mike Hampton - 1998 Score Rookie/Traded

These are a mix of Astros and Phillies. The sharp eyed among you may remember that the Phillies traded Michael Bourn to the Astros for Brad Lidge. I always liked Lidge so I can still root for him and collect his cards now that he is with the Phillies. And I've been looking forward to Michael Bourn, now I get to see him play more often since he's an Astro. It will come as no surprise to anyone who knows me that the Schmidt card is my favorite of the bunch. I'm glad Steve offered it. I'll have a post later about Schmidt cards issued after his retirement in 1989.




1 comment:

Steve Gierman said...

That Schmidt looks even better on your site than it did in my collection. I'm glad that you liked the cards.