Thursday, July 23, 2015

Does this ever happen to you?

Yesterday I was cataloging and scanning cards from a repack I had bought back in April. I was watching Tuesday's Astros game on MLB.com. I have to watch Astros game a day late because, since I live in the Houston area, they won't show me the games live. So I typically watch the Phillies games live and catch the Astros game the next day.

Anyway, the Astros announcers were discussing trade rumors. They had mentioned that it was doubtful that the Rockies would trade Troy Tulowitzki but that Carlos Gonzales was a possibility. While I'm listening to this I am literally holding this card in my hand.

2012 Topps Update #6
This happens maybe 4-5 times during the baseball season. I'll be working on a card and the player on that card will come up to hit, or make a play or maybe, like in this case, just be mentioned.

By the way, the Astros beat the Red Sox 8-3.

1 comment:

Commishbob said...

I was watching an Orioles broadcast and they mentioned that Brooks Robinson's birthday was that day, or the next day or something. Anyway they showed the Brooks Robinson statue that's outside the ballpark and at that moment I had my replica version right in front of me as I was dusting it off with a can of air.