Friday, July 24, 2015

2015 Topps Allen and Ginter - First Card

I started seeing Allen and Ginter baseball card blog posts two days ago. The cards looked great. I ordered a hobby box on eBay that night. Unable to wait (that 10-year-old in me acting up again), I bought 2 blasters yesterday. Here's the first card from the first pack from the first box

2015 Topps Allen and Ginter #221 Doug Fister
I usually like A&G design, some year's better than other. Right off the bat I'll say that this is one of the better years. I'll have to spend some time comparing it with other years to say more than that. The light blue tracery of the border and the A&G logo bunched in the lower right corner are, so far, both winners for me.

I'll be spending some quality time with these cards over the weekend. Today, I have a date to get my photo taken with Bill Shatner (that's right, Captain Kirk himself) at the Space City Comic Con in Houston.

No comments: