Tuesday, July 28, 2015

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter - Blaster #2

If I had opened this box first I would have been happy with it because it had 2 each of Phillies and Astros base cards. But overall, it's got a smaller number of inserts than the other box. One really great thing - there were no duplicates of cards from the first box. In my history of buying mulitple blasters at the same time, I think that has happened never before. Here's some of the cards I like from the 2nd box.

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter #269 Jeremy Roenick
Another of the very few non-baseball player cards I pulled. This guy played for the Blackhawks, the Coyotes, the Flyers, the Kings and the Sharks. I couldn't tell you which jersey he's wearing here except it's not the Flyers.

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter Starting Points #65 Maikel Franco
There are 5 Phillies in this insert set and now I have 3 of them.

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter #273 Cole Hamels
I pulled this card while I was watching Hamels throw the first no-hitter of his career last Saturday, blanking the Cubs. And just for old times sake, Ryan Howard hit a 3-run homer. For just a minute there I thought it was 2008 again. Hamels will probably be playing for somebody else by the end of the week but he went out on a high note.

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter Menagerie of the Mind #18 Mermaid
My daughter loves mermaids so this card is for her.

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter #39 Jonathan Singleton
As well as the Astros have been doing this year, Singleton has been a disappointment.

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter A World Beneath our Feet #15 Tsetse Fly
Hey, baseball cards with bugs on them. At least I didn't pull the Madagascar Spitting Cockroach.

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter #179 Manny Machado
I was pretty far into the second box before I pulled my first horizontal card. I was beginning to think Topps had dropped them this year.

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter What Once Was Believed #10 Geocentric Solar System
The good old days.

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter Keys to the City #10 Empire State Building
This is at least the third Allen & Ginter set to feature the Empire State Building. At least they used a different photo for each card.

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter Mini A and G Back #285 Ichiro Suzuki
I don't know why but apparently this is the first Topps set to feature Ichiro since 2012.




2 comments:

buckstorecards said...

The Ginterization of the image makes it difficult to tell with complete certainty, but I'd feel comfortable saying that Roenick is from his days with the Sharks. The top part of the jersey appears to be their teal, and the hint of yellow is on the sleeves also says San Jose.

Hackenbush said...

Looks like the revenge of Upper Deck on the Roenick card. No hockey logos for you, Topps.