Tuesday, March 25, 2014

2014 Donruss - The inserts Part 2

OK, this is the end of my posts about 2014, at least until I hear from Panini about my missing relic card.

Donruss Stat Line Career #44 Xander Bogaerts
This is another parallel. For each card they picked some random stat, like Career Minor League Home Runs, then produce a mirror finish parallel, numbered to the stat. This is another throwback parallel. Donruss started these with their 2001 reboot. I pulled two of these.

Donruss Stat Line Career #68 David Wright
The backs look just like the regular cards. There is similar parallel based on season stats that I didn't get.

Donruss Breakout Hitters #7 Jean Segura
I think this is also based on an old Donruss insert. The cards feature spot gloss on the front (the player and the flying bricks). Segura, in his second season last year, hit .294 with 12 home runs and an All-Star berth.

Donruss Breakout Pitchers #13 Jordan Zimmermann
There is a similar insert for pitchers. Zimmermann, in his 5th season with the Nationals, was 19-9 with an All-Star berth.

Donruss Power Plus #10 Ryne Sandberg
Hitting power plus defense. Get it?






No comments: