Saturday, July 11, 2009

2007 UD Masterpieces

Way back in 2007 I bought one blaster of UD Masterpieces. I liked the cards but they were pretty pricey, $20 for 8 4-pack cards. The other day I was in Walmart looking in vain for Allen & Ginter when I saw a box of 2007 UD Masterpieces for $9.99. So I bought it. I'm pretty pleased with the box. There were only 9 cards in the box I already had. in 2 boxes I now have 2/3's of the base set. One of the things that disappointed me in 2007 was that I didn't get a single insert card in the box. No inserts in this one either. The Beckett Baseball magazine lists 35 cards, I have all but 12 of them.

I didn't know there were two Utley cards in the set. I already had one, now I have the other. One of the duplicates I got was the Utley I already had. Another was one of the Ryan Howard cards.

I didn't have the Jeter card.
I didn't have any of the president cards. I don't know how many there are. Beckett lists Clinton and Kennedy. In this box I also got Richard ("I am not a crook") Nixon.

You can't go wrong with a Jackie Robinson card.
Or a Roberto Clemente card.
There are 4 cards which feature Cal Ripken. I got the two in the other box. Now I have 3 of them.
There are also 2 Pujols cards. Now I have both.
I have not added Lincecum to the list of players that I collect but I'm considering it. He's 42-12 with an ERA under 3 in his first 3 seasons.

No comments: