Monday, July 13, 2009

2007 Tristar Prospects Plus

Along with the box of 2007 UD Masterpieces I bought at Walmart the other day, I also got a $10 box of 2007 Tristar Prospects. I had only bought a few packs of this before. The box said one autograph per box. There were no really good cards although I did get a duplicate of the Matt LaPorta card which Beckett says (for what it's worth) is the second best pull from the set. I also got 3 autographs, 2 of them in one pack. The autographed cards feature silver foil and a sticker autograph. Neil Ramirez was the Rangers 1st round pick in 2007. He's currently still in single A ball with a 0-2 record and a 6.00 ERA this season. He's playing for the Hickory Crawdads.
Brian Rike was the Rockies 2nd round pick in 2007. It looks like as he has risen in the minors his batting average has decreased. He's batting .222 so far this season playing for the Modesto Nuts.
Barry Enright, the Diamondbacks 2nd round pick has actually made it to double A. He was 12-8 for the Visalia Oaks last year. This year he is 5-6 for the Mobile Bay Bears.

None of these guys means anything to me but I'll want to keep one for my reference collection. If anyone is interested in making a trade for one of these for a Phillies or Astros autograph or relic, let me know.

No comments: