Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Players I Collect - 2016 continued

Continuing from Yasiel Puig, up next is:

Albert Pujols

Topps Bunt #126

In his 16th year, Prince Albert isn't the player he used to be but he had a pretty good years in 2015 and 2016 but the only Pujols card I got was this lousy Topps Bunt card.

Jim Rice

Topps Allen and Ginter #57

Although Jim Rice was a pretty good player, who was elected to the Hall of Fame in 2009, his post-career cards are pretty scarce. This year we got this nice A&G card.

Cal Ripken, Jr.

Topps Berger's Best #31

Another Hall of Famer, who has been popular in the hobby years after his career. I only pulled one of his cards this year. I have a total of 303 Ripken cards.

Jackie Robinson

Topps Bunt #61
Topps Bunt Light Force #21

You can pretty much count on seeing Jackie Robinson cards every year. I have 49 of his cards, all post-career.

Alex Rodriguez

Topps Amazing Milestones

Topps Archives #86

Topps Opening Day #28

A once hugely popular player who has damaged his legacy with PEDs. Sad. I wonder how many post-career cards we'll see of A-Rod? I have 365 A-Rod cards in my collection.

Ivan Rodriguez

Topps Bunt #188

As we've seen, Topps Bunt was good for lots of former player cards. A 14-time All-Star with a 21-year career, Pudge (although I prefer I-Rod) will be eligible for the Hall of Fame next year. I've got 218 of his cards, spanning his entire career.

Pete Rose

Donruss #187

Since his life-time ban from baseball, post-career Pete Rose cards are rare. In recent years, the unlicensed producers (Upper Deck, Leaf and Panini) have made some Rose cards.

Babe Ruth

Leaf Babe Ruth Collection #79

Leaf put out an 80-card Babe Ruth set this year which is pretty nice. Although released in March, they are already showing up in repacks. I've got a bunch of them and featured them in an earlier post, so I'm only going to show one here.

Topps 100 Years at Wrigley #13


Nolan Ryan

Topps Hallowed Highlights #9

Nolan Ryan is another guy you can count on seeing year after year.

I'm going to have to pick up the pace here if I'm going to get all these cards in by the end of the year. Next up, 4 2016 cards of Ryne Sandberg.



No comments: