Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Repack box finds

I bought a 15-pack repack box distributed by www.worldsgreatestcardchase.com. On the box it says "The Big Find - A Ty Cobb 1909-1911 T206 Card!" Good luck with that.

2005 Donruss Throwback Threads
 Donruss/Leaf had several sets back then with similar look. I had bought a blaster of this which had yielded 40 cards. That's 50 cents/card. Kind of a lot back in 2005 for a nondescript set. The best card in his pack is this Mike Mussina card as I collect him and didn't have this card.

2013 Panini Cooperstown Colgan's Chips
A set composed of Hall of Famers can be a good idea. 2012 Panini Cooperstown was such a good idea. 2013 Panini Cooperstown, was not so good. The cards were kind of mud colored and just unattractive. I had bought one blaster and was disappointed, as I had liked the 2012 set. Of the four regular cards in the pack, I already had 2. Man, I hate that. The set also included these disks, 165 of them. I don't really care for them, but this one has Steve Carlton so it's OK with me.

2013 Panini Cooperstown Lumberjacks
And then there was this. Wood veneer on card stock. There were a spate of this type of card in the mid 1990s but I don't remember seeing any like it recently. Just about every card in this 24-card set is available on eBay from $1.50 to $10 depending on the player.

Out of 15 packs and about 200 cards, these were the most interesting. The rest of the packs are the usual collection of sets like 1991 Upper Deck, 1989 Topps and 1990 Fleer you're used to seeing. I'm sure there are some other unexciting cards in the box I need however.

No comments: