Wednesday, June 4, 2014

2014 Bowman Photoshop Twins

A few posts ago, I document a number of cards where Topps used the same images on different brands. What I haven't seen in awhile is what I call I Photoshop Twin. Where a player is featured on a card in one uniform and the same photo is used on another card but in a different uniform.

One of the Bowman Prospect cards I pulled was this:

Nothing particularly special about this card, expect it is a purple parallel. I noticed, however, that Burns was born in Marietta, GA. I have a friend who lives there and has been collecting cards of players born in Marietta. So I went on eBay to see what I could find for his birthday and came up with this:

It has everything: on-card auto, chrome, refractor, and serial numbered. And a good price for an auto and well within what I was willing to pay.

Since I had just scanned the Purple parallel, I noticed right away that Burns was in a different uniform. And the different uniform was photoshopped. I'm guessing that the original is the Nationals uni. There must be a longer lead time on publishing on-card autos since the cards have to be sent to the player, signed and returned. It looks like Burns was traded to the A's sometime after the end of the 2013 season. He doesn't appear in an A's minor league game until this year.

I also found this:

Which I decided to keep for myself. This was real cheap for an auto card, only $3.34 with free shipping.

No comments: