Thursday, August 2, 2012

2012 Summer Clearance Trade Results #1

I featured the cards I was trading away in team order so I'll try to feature the cards I got for each team is order as well. There are still some trades outstanding and I'll circle back to them as they come in. I'm not going to get into how many cards I got in each trade because that doesn't matter. Overall, I'm happy with all the trades. I'm going to feature the best (by my definition) from each trade.

Tom over at The Angels, In Order, wasn't the first to bite, he missed the Angels posting when it went up. But he did get in on the action.

2003 Fleer Tradition Update #257
In 2003, Wagner led the league in appearances with 67 and saved 44 games. His ERA was 1.78.  He had 105 K's and only 23 walks. The strikeouts and saves were career highs for him.

2004 Bowman Heritage #47 Bobby Abreu
 I have very few cards from this set, a set I like a lot. So I was happy to see this.

2004 Bowman Heritage Black and White TV #259 Mitch Einerston
This was a parallel to the base set, 1 per pack. The only Astro I have from this parallel set. I never heard of this guy. He's still in the minor leagues after 8 years.

2005 Bowman Heritage Mahogany #52 Bobby Abreu
I don't know why but I didn't buy a single pack of 2005 Bowman Heritage. I have a handful of Phillies and Astros which I've gotten in other trades. I didn't even know of this parallel until I saw this card. Not a really hard to get parallel as it was inserted 1 per pack but I'm happy to have it. I'm not quite sure I understand the point of this parallel but I like it.

2012 Topps #43 Brett Wallace
Nothing really special about this card except that I've pulled very few Astros cards from packs this year.

2012 Topps Opening Day #130
And for good measure, he sent me the the Opening Day version as well.

2012 Topps #280 Ryan Howard
Howard missed most of the first half of the season, recovering from a broken foot he suffered in the playoffs last year. He's not hitting well since he's been back, which is just one of the many reasons that it is highly doubtful that the Phillies will make it to the playoffs this year.






No comments: