Monday, April 2, 2012

2012 Topps Heritage The Inserts

As I mentioned last week, I bought 2 packs, 2 rack-packs and 3 blasters of 2012 Topps Heritage. I'm not planning to buy a hobby box this year.  I didn't get much from the packs, but the blasters had a good yield, including a relic. It used to pretty common to find relics in blaster boxes, back around 2008-2009 but not any longer. In fact, I can't remember the last time I pulled a relic from a blaster.

This year's crop of inserts is pretty much what has become standard for Heritage. They did introduce a couple of new concepts this year but all your old favorites are there.

This is new, parallels with different colored borders. I pulled three of the Blue. There is also a red-bordered parallel.

The Chrome parallel has been around since the beginning. As usual, they are serial numbered to the year of the original set. This card is number 1935/1963.

The Chrome Refractors have been around as long as the Chrome parallels. This is numbered 60/563.

Maybe the best pull from the blasters, a Black Chrome Refractor. This parallel has been around since 2004 and it is absolutely the first one I've ever seen. It's numbered 21/63.

Baseball Flashbacks returns. Is it my imagination or has Topps been hot for McCovey recently? This is the third McCovey insert I've gotten this year.

I pulled three of this set. One of the others includes Russian cosmonaut, and first woman into space Valentina Tereshkova.  April 4th will be the 44th anniversary of one of the saddest days in American history.

Yaz lead the American League in batting average in 1963 at .321 while Cabrera lead the American League in 2011 with .344.

Another new insert this year is Topps Heritage Stick-Ons. They have the same design (floating heads!) as 1963 Topps Peal-Offs.


And as promised, a Clubhouse Collection Relic. The back gives no indication of the origin of this piece of cloth but we'll assume that it was from a uniform that Elvis wore in last year's World Series.

No comments: