Monday, May 2, 2011

Recent eBay purchases

Another orgy of eBaying.

2011 Topps Tribute Relics Dual Green Mike SchmidtThis is my favorite 2011 acquisition. It's numbered 62/75. Topps Tribute is a product I never buy except for a few Phillies cards every year. I saw this and knew I had to have it. And it didn't cost me an arm and a leg. This card comes in multiple flavors besides green. There's also regular, black, gold and red. I'll probably pass on the others.

2011 Topps Tribute #75 Mike Schmidt
2011 Topps Tribute Blue #75 Mike Schmidt
Also available in black, black and white, gold green and red.

2001 Topps #50 Mike Schmidt
This is one of the short-print variation cards, of which I pulled none. This is the only one I wanted. It took several tries before I won an auction and I probably paid too much.

2011 Topps Silk Collection Wandy Rodriguez
These silk cards are going for big bucks on eBay. I was happy to find someone like Rodriguez for a reasonable price. I'd have bought anybody at a reasonable price so it's a bonus that I got an Astro. The card is designed with an opening in the front so you can get your grubby finger on the silk. If you wanted you could pull the silk card out through that opening. You'd have a devil of a time getting it back in.

2011 Topps 60 Relics Robin Roberts
With cards like this, I'm happy to get one, no matter who. But to get a Robin Roberts is very nice. Not too much money compared to the others being offered. Nice old fashion uniform fabric and if you look closely there is the hint of a stripe on the right. Topps Heritage had several Roberts insert cards this year but he's an Oriole in those cards.

2011 Topps Heritage '62 Mint Jamie Moyer
I saw these cards on several blogs, and Dinged Corners featured the Moyer card. If you're not happy with the orientation of the coin you can shake the card around for awhile until you've got it facing the right way. Probably only took me 2-3 minutes. Moyer had Tommy John surgery last December and is currently a free agent. Hopefully he'll be back with somebody this season.

1 comment:

Carl Crawford Cards said...

Love the pinstripe on the Roberts relic. Great stuff!