Sunday, September 12, 2010

Song of the Week - Us by Regina Spektor

Us was featured on Regina Spektor's 2004 album Soviet Kitsch. I'm not sure how I came to know about her but it was probably from finding her CD at my local library. She is a Russian-born, now living in America singer-songwriter. If you follow my Song of the Week feature, you may remember, that I like quirky female vocalists and she sure does have a quirky voice. She also has a distinctive piano sound which I like. If you want to know more about her, I encourage you to read her entry in Wikipedia. Last Thursday I posted about the 2009 movie (500) Days of Summer which featured two of Spektor's songs. This is one of them. I apologize that the clip starts with an ad but YouTube has to make money somehow I guess. I decided to go with the official video rather than the ad-less concert video because the video is very clever.

No comments: