Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thursday Night at the Movies - Star Trek

This is one great movie. I am not the world's biggest Star Trek nerd but I've been a fan since the original episode back in 1965 and I've watched every episode of every TV series and I've seen all the movies. More than once. I've been excited about this movie since I saw the first trailer some 6 months ago.I expected to like the movie. I didn't expect to love it. But I do. If you've read a review than you may know that this is a re-boot of the series in more ways than one. They've pulled a clever gimmick to allow them to make Star Trek movies for the next 30 years. The gimmick works (in my opinion). But apart from that, the movie is exciting and looks great. The new Enterprise is beautiful. It's brand new but you know it well. And all the actors did a great job in recreating familiar characters. Chris Pine manages to be Captain Kirk with out doing a Bill Shatner impersonation. Zachary Quinto is perfect as Spock. The Uhura, McCoy, Chekov, Scotty characters all were great. It you are at all a fan go and see it. If you like science fiction, even if you've not been a Star Trek fan, go and see it. If you like action movies, go and see it. Just go and see it.

3 comments:

Sooz said...

I really want to see this.

Nomad said...

this new Star Trek is high quality cinema indeed, except at the theater i went to the reel kept jumping and the sound went out a couple of times... why are movie theaters still using film i wonder?

steveisjewish said...

I too thought it was fantastic.