Tuesday, March 3, 2009

2004 Topps Cracker Jack Box Break Part 4

Here is the last stack of 7 packs from the box. At the end I'll wrapup what I got compared to what I had. Cards in bold type are cards I didn't already have.

Pack #1
Red Mini #110 Carlos Beltran, Royals
#80 Felix Pie, Cubs

#26 Russ Ortiz, Braves
#41 Roy Oswalt, Astros

#10 Luis Gonzalez, Diamondbacks
#33 Ken Griffey, Jr., Reds

#153 Adrian Beltre, Dodgers
#39 Scott Podsednik, Brewers, landscape
Surprise
Sticker #104 Kevin Brown, Dodgers
Checklist #2

Pack #2
Mini Red #113 Hideo Nomo, Dodgers

#67 CC Sabathia, Indians
#136 Eric Hinske, Blue Jays
#38 Rafael Palmeiro, Orioles
#21 Paul Lo Duca, Dodgers
#15 Bret Boone, Mariners
#12 Connie Mack, Philadelphia A’s
#82 Nady, Padres
Surprise
Sticker #49 Bernie Williams, Yankees
Checklist #1

Pack #3
Blue Mini #224 Ivan Rodriguez, Tigers, Short Print

#32 Jose Lima, Dodgers
#223 Juan Pierre, Marlins, reverse
#64 John Olerud, Mariners
#132 Jae Weong Seo, Mets
#55 Richard Hobitzel, Red Sox
#237 Alfonso Soriano, Rangers, reverse
#160 Jamie Moyer, Mariners
Surprise
Sticker #76 Nomar Garciapara, Red Sox

Pack #4
Mini Red #133 Branch Rickey, Browns
#163 Brandon Webb, Diamondbacks
#154 Shannon Stewart, Twins
#3 Albert Pujols, Cardinals

#178 Edwin Jackson, Dodgers
#142 Mike Sweeney, Royals
#75 Runelvys Hernandez, Royals
#207 Jeff Allison, Marlins
Surprise
Sticker #226 Miguel Cabrera, Marlins
Checklist #1

Pack #5
Mini Red #209 Lastings Milledge, Mets Short Print

#16 Travis Lee, Devil Rays
#146 Eric Munson, Tigers
#158 Sidney Ponson, Orioles
#62 Jason Phillips, Mets
#115 Cory Koskie, Twins
#79 Paul Konerko, White Sox
#107 Moises Alou, Cubs
Surprise
Sticker #25 Jim Thome, Phillies
Checklist #2

Pack #6
Mini Red #34 Ramon Hernandez, Padres
#22 Geoff Jenkins, Brewers
#143 Wade Miller, Astros
#138 Roberto Alomar, Diamondbacks
#31 Jeff Bagwell, Astros
#83 Joel Pineiro, Mariners
#58 Larry Walker, Rockies
#116 Kevin Millwood, Phillies
Surprise
Sticker #116 Kevin Millwood, Phillies
Checklist #1

Pack #7
Mini Red #5 Bobby Abreu, Phillies
#229 Jason Giambi, Yankees Short Print

#59 Brian Jordan, Rangers
#27 Bill Mueller, Red Sox
#187 Ryan Harvey, Cubs, reverse
#85 Manny Ramirez, Red Sox
#54 Colon, Angels, reverse
#135 Ryan Klesko, Padres
Surprise
Sticker #86 Bert Shotten
Take Me Out To The Ball Game Jersey Todd Helton



Wrap up
I increased the number of base cards I had from 163 to 200, which means I got a lot of duplicates. I did get a few of the short prints I didn't have, like the Pie #80 and the Giambi. I need 51 cards to complete the base set (including short prints and variation cards). I only need 37 however, to have every player in the set (counting the minis and the stickers). I'm kind of disappointed that I've only got 4/5's of the set in two boxes.

The box had 17 Red Minis. I had 20 different ones, now I have 31. So there were 6 duplicates (if I did the math right). It would be pretty hard to complete a Red Mini set by buying boxes.

i had 3 Blue Minis before and got 3 more, no duplicates. One of the was a good pull, the short print Ivan Rodriguez. These are supposed to be inserted 1 in 10. I did a bit better than that for the two boxes at 1 in 6.66 packs. The short print Blue Minis are 1 in 60.

I had 22 different sticker cards from the first box. Now I have 39 different stickers, with only 2 duplicates. These are approximately 1 per pack.

I got two hits in the box, the Nomo 1-2-3 Strikes Your Out relic, and the Helton Take Me Out To The Ball Game Relic. In the first box I also got two hits, both of them were the Take Me Out To The Ball Game Relics.

I also have a Secret Surprise Auto (Cliff Floyd) that I bought off the Internet.

2 comments:

night owl said...

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: those are sweet cards.

You got Hideo Nomo, Jose Lima and Edwin Jackson. That's great in my book!

Dubbs said...

The Pudge card is the epitome of his nickname. Nice.

Nice cards.