Sunday, October 12, 2008

Song of the Week - You Spin Me Right Round by Dead or Alive

I have 5,540 songs on my iTunes. This is one of them.

I just spent about 30 minutes trying to find a good video for a piece from the musical Hair called "The Flesh Failures/Let The Sunshine". This is the finale of the show. It cycled up on my iPod this week. I am an unabashed child of the 1960s and this is a good song from then. I even actually saw the show in it's original Broadway run in 1972. But all the videos were terrible, or in Dutch. So I started twirling through my iTunes library until something caught my fancy. Here we go into another 1980s tune. This song came out in 1984, the year my first child was born. My wife and I married in 1980, and although I can't say we went out clubbing a lot, we did did hang out with a younger crowd of people from where I worked and since it was a fun time, I really like 1980s music (either punk or New Wave). So enjoy.

2 comments:

--David said...

Excellent - a true 80's classic! I was a freshman in high school when it came out...

dayf said...

Awesome! A roommate in college would drive us all mad by singing that song in the most hideous fake English accent ever. Good times...