Wednesday, August 5, 2015

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter - The Hobby Box

As I neared the end of the hobby box, I thought about trying to collect the set, but since I ended up with only 172 of the 350 base cards (the total of the 2 blasters and the hobby box), I decided that wasn't enough to chase the set. I also bought 2 loose packs and out of 8 base cards I only got three I needed, amply illustrating the law of diminishing returns.   Here are the new things and the hits from the box. The box promises three hits.

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter Pride of the People Cabinets - Great Pyramid of Giza
Every hobby box comes with an over-sized card on top. This is nice. 

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter Tenth Anniversary Buybacks
This came out of the second pack. My first thought was "I hope this isn't one of the hits". It wasn't. Topps would like us to believe that this is the 10th anniversary of the Allen & Ginter. Of course it isn't, that will be next year. This is the 10th issue of A&G. I pulled two of these. Why would I want them? The shiny gold foil? I already had this 2011 A&G card anyway.

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter Tenth Anniversary Mini Buybacks
The old mini cards are packed into the sort of thing they put the mini relics in. I have the regular mini of this 2008 card. This is from the day when A&G Black Borders actually had black borders, not black curlycue borders.

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter Full Size Relic
Has Topps done this before with A&G, designating Vertical and Horizontal relic cards? The relic cutout on the Horizontal card looks like a "10". The cutout on the Vertical card looks like a, I don't know, a molar? I have the base cards for both players which have different pictures.

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter Mini No Number
I almost missed this. I believe there are 50 of each card printed w/o numbers.

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter Mini Framed Relics
My other "hit". I wish I'd gotten an auto.

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter What Once Would Be
Dehydrated water!

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter Great Scott!
Search engines, pretty amazing!

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter First Ladies
I pulled 2 of the First Ladies cards from the hobby box. I got two more in the 2 loose packs I bought. only 37 more to go!  The pictures on these cards appear to be official paintings.

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter Magnates, Barons & Tycoons
The color of money baby!

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter Birds of Prey


1 comment:

JediJeff said...

If you are unsure about the buy backs, I would be happy to work out something for the Iguchi. He's a PC of mine.