Sunday, March 8, 2009

Song of the Week - I Wouldn't Want to be Like You - Alan Parsons Project

I have 6,486 songs in iTunes. This is one of them.

Alan Parsons was a recording engineer and producer who had worked on such albums as the Beatles Abby Road and Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. He began producing his own ideas with the 1976 album Tales of Mystery and Imagination based on the works of Edgar Allan Poe. The song The Raven was a hit from this record. In 1977, he produced I Robot loosely based on the Isaac Asimov story. Although he produced another 8 albums, I Robot is probably his best.

In this video, the guy with the beard is Alan Parsons. The other guy is, I guess, a robot. The video features some cutting edge 1977 technology and a vision of the future composed of sterile architecture and concrete.

2 comments:

Nachos Grande said...

That's a bizarre video to say the least.

night owl said...

Weird video, but considering they weren't really doing videos in 1977, that's pretty forward-thinking of APP.

I was a big APP fan in high school.