Thursday, November 13, 2008

Package From John

John, from over across the pond, sent me a nice package of Phillies and Astros. He sent me about 40 cards of which I had about half. But the ones I didn't have are great. John and I pulled off a trade earlier. I have no idea how easy it is to collect baseball cards in England or how he even got into the habit, but I'm happy to trade with him. You can see his site here. I think I'll be able to send him some 1980 Topps cards. Here's a couple of the cards he sent.

I always appreciate Mike Schmidt cards. In this case, even more so. This was one of the very few 1980s Phillies cards I didn't own. I didn't even have it on my radar. Thanks, John.
This card gave me a start. I really like the 1984 Topps cards. It's something about the combination of an action shot and a head shot of the player on the front that I like. So when I first saw this, I thought, hey a 1984 card. What gave me the start was that Lance Berkman is on the card. This isn't a 1984 card at all, but a 2008 Topps Trading Card History card. John sent me two of these. The other features Chase Utley on a 1952 Topps card. Does anyone else but me think that Topps has really overused the 1952 design in retro cards? It's a great design but Topps needs to give it a rest.

Thanks John. I owe cards to two of three people lnow. I probably won't be able to get anything out until Thanksgiving week. I've got the week off and it will be a good time to catch up.

No comments: