Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Feedjit Live

There are all kinds of gadgets you can put on your blog like hit counters, maps, and clocks. A few months ago I saw this feature called Feedjit Live. It takes information that Google collects about who's hitting on your blog and keeps a list of locations from where you were visited. If I were getting hundreds of hits a day I wouldn't be able to keep up with this but at 30-40, I can. You can see the gadget on the lower right side of the blog. In the past 24 hours I've been visited from:

Skokie, Illinois
Pasadena, CA
Mentor, Ohio (by someone using a Lunix system, I don't see this often)
State College, PA (the home of Penn State Univ.)
Muskegon, Michigan
Pasadena, CA (again, you can't tell if this is a different person)
Topeka, Kansas
Charlottesville, VA
Bluemont, VA
London, England (possibly John, the UK baseball card collector)
Bayonne, NJ
Durham, Nc
Rio de Janerio, Brazil
Santa Fe, NM (possibly Dinged Corners, hi Patricia and Lucy!)
Calcium, NY
Cathedral City, CA
East Orange, NJ
Rough River, OR
Bryan, Texas
United States (somebody living large, I guess)
Malvern, PA (possibly Phungo)
Farmington, Michigan
Fort Wayne, IN
Topeka, Kansas (again)
Pasadena, CA (yet again)
St. Paul, MN (Thorzul?)
Midlothian, VA
St. Paul, MN (again)
Pittsburgh, PA
Middletown, NY
College Station, TX (home of Texas A&M)

32 hits in the past 24 hours.

3 comments:

night owl said...

Yeah, it's strange where you get hits from. In the last few days I've gotten Taiwan, Costa Rica, a military base out in Europe, and of course there's our friend in the U.K. and all our friends in Canada.

deal said...

yep, in fact I am betting I am malvern

Johngy said...

Checking in again from Skokie, IL!