Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My top posts from 2013

A little more self indulgence on my part. This February I will reach the 6th anniversary of this blog. I'm nothing if not persistent. Just prior to that, on January 31, I will be retiring. After 40+ years of work, I'm going to take it easy. One of things I'm going to spend more time on is the blog. I've never done anything to try and promote the blog but I may in 2014. I don't have thousands of readers, but I average 90 views per post and I made 127 posts last year. Since I didn't think anyone would be interested in my ravings, that's pretty good. Sometimes, I do a post that gets hundreds of views. So here are my top 10 viewed posts of 2013. If you missed them, here's your second chance.

1. With 383 views

1990's Leaf Cards

I pretty much don't know what drives readership but this was my most viewed post from 2013.

2. With 301 views

Movie Review: Star Trek Into Darkness 

My movie reviews usually do well.

3. With 283 views

2013 Topps Chipz


 Pretty much the goofiest baseball related item I bought in 2013.

4. With 273 views

My top 4 solo musical artists

My Sunday Song of the Week posts are usually below average, but this post did.

5. With 258 views

eBay Economics of Selling Baseball Cards - Speculation


 I got a lot (for me) of comments on this one as well.

6. With 180 views

Gems from yet another Fairfield Repack


 I usually buy 8-10 of these Fairfield repacks a year. I'm rarely disappointed.

7. Also with 180 views

Fairfield Authentic Memorabilia repack

One of the best cards I've ever pulled from a Fairfield repack.

8. With 178 views

2012 Panini Americana Heroes & Legends

I bought a lot of Panini cards this year.

9. With 164 views

2013 Topps Allen & Ginter - The Inserts

When I buy a box of something, I try to do a post on the base cards and a second post on the inserts.

10. With 159 views

Random Cards from my Collection #38

I have a lot of cards and I like to show them off. I hope to do more (maybe one a week) of these random card posts in 2014.


2 comments:

night owl said...

Retirement!

Lucky you!

Looking forward to more blog stuff from you.

Fuji said...

Congratulations! I hope these next 30 days fly by, so you can kick up your feet and relax.

By the way... just read your Star Trek review. It's number one on my movie list now.

Happy New Year!