Wednesday, April 18, 2012

New Bonsai Plants

It's been awhile since I've done a post about my bonsai plants. I'm afraid they suffered horribly in the Texas drought last summer and a lost a couple of plants. But it's a new year and we've had plenty of rain so far. I bought 2 new plants to replace the ones I lost.

There is a very nice nursery near us called Maas Nursery. They've always had a few bonsai but they recently enlarged their offerings, which you can see behind me on the right. While we were there we bought some other stuff.

I've been wanting a Japanese Maple bonsai for a long time but never saw anything I could afford. This is a nice little one at a good price.  I added the gray stones. I like to put stones on top of the soil to keep the soil from eroding while watering.

This is called a Serrisa. It gets little white flowers but it has already bloomed. It needs some trimming.

The bench is looking a little lonely (note the empty pots on the right). The Japanese Maple is on a windowsill in the shade. The Texas sun will damage it. Next weekend I'm going to build a sun shade for the bench, something I should have done years ago.

4 comments:

Napkin Doon said...

Beatuful plants! I like that Japanese maple too!

Play at the Plate said...

Nice. I spent a big part of last week digging up 18 shrubs that died in my front flower bed. That was a lot of work and the front of my house looks naked. The heat last year was just too much. Good luck with the new plants.

Cardboard Box said...

The heat last year was just too much. Good luck with the new plants.
the clour flower very Beatuful thanks for this bost

Hackenbush said...

Love the little maple!