Thursday, March 12, 2015

My favorite 2015 Topps Series 1 Cards - Part 2

More of my favorite 2015 Topps Series 1 cards.

Jason Kipnis #221
Considering the dugout in the background, Kipnis must be diving head first into first base. I keep seeing this play and wondering why more players don't get hurt attempting it.

Aaron Hill #247
A good diving stop.

Adam Eaton #256
This is a weird looking play. Eaton is flying feet first to the plate but the catcher has his hands on his knees. I guess there wasn't a throw to the plate on the play. 

Jordy Mercer #269
I hope that Mercer had better luck catching up with the ball than the photographer had catching up to the play.

Elvis Andrus #281
Too bad baseball cards don't come with sound. I'll just have to imagine the crack of the ball meeting the bat.

Mike Trout #300
Another face-first slide.

Maikel Franco #309
The Phillies are high on this guy. He's shown on the card at third but I think it's more likely we'll see him in the middle of the infield.

Eric Hosmer #323
Another good tight photo.


No comments: