Wednesday, March 11, 2015

My favorite 2015 Topps Series 1 Cards - Part 1

Except for trying to acquire additional Phillies or Astros cards, I've probably bought all the 2015 Topps Series 1 cards I'm going to. Here are some of my favorites.

Cole Hamels #10
Cole trying to get one last pitch in before being overcome by the red tide. I'm not sure about these horizontal cards.

Todd Frazier #42
The third base one-handed catch and throw play. One of my favorite plays in baseball.

Andre Ethier #93
Let's see. We have a runner sliding into a base. We have a loose baseball. What's missing? Oh, yeah, where's the fielder?

Clayton Kershaw #100
I really like a close-cropped photo like this.

James Loney #107
That is some low pitch to swing at.

Michael Taylor #132
Good catch! I assume.

Masahiro Tanaka #142
A "Future Stars" and an All-Star Rookie Cup. It kills me that a guy like this, a 7-year pro in Japan, is still considered a rookie when he comes to the US.

Paul Konerko #177
Paul Konerko appreciation day. He deserved it.

Melvin Upton #184
He'll always be known as B.J. to me. Mainly because it's too much trouble to change his name on all his cards in my database.

Wilin Rosario #208
The only real complaint I have about 2015 Topps is that the Rockies cards are much too purple.

No comments: