Friday, November 25, 2011

2001 Topps Update trade success

Last week I posted that I had all by 16 of the cards from this set. Three trades later and I'm down to only needing three. A link to what I need is on the right sidebar. I've still got plenty of duplicates. Or make me an offer and I'll see what I can do.

So thanks to Greg (the Night Owl), Rich (dawgbones), and Ryan G. my unplanned set collection of 2011 Topps Update is nearly complete. Here's what I got. See if you notice something unusual.
Very cliche pose. Only sluggers are allowed to use it. Fielder qualifies.
I always like a card which features another player in a back-up roll. That's Willie Bloomquist of the D-Backs.
The missing card I was most coveting. My only Pence as a Phillie card.
Got one out in the NLDS, gave up 4 runs.
Not the AL Rookie of the Year.
I never really understood the deal with this guy when he was a Cub. Still don't.
Matt with two of his buddies.
He looks like he forgot to put in his dentures.
Did you notice that 9 of the 11 cards are horizontally oriented? I don't know what the percentage of cards in the set are horizontal but I sure it's nowhere near 82%.






No comments: