Friday, August 17, 2012

2012 Summer Clearance Trade Results #4 (for Brewers)

Scott, who doesn't seem to have a blog, took my excess Brewers (and there were a bunch of them) and sent me some nice cards. Thanks Scott!

1982 Topps #636 Pete Rose/Steve Carlton
I have nearly every 1980 Phillies major issue card, but I didn't have this one.  Can you imagine that people used to actually check off the cards they got on the checklist cards? What were they thinking?

1986 Topps #6 Pete Rose
The first 7 cards of the 1986 Topps set were a tribute to Pete Rose. I didn't have this one, which features Pete as a Phillie.

1991 Upper Deck - Another early Upper Deck set I'm trying to complete. Scott sent me 10 Astros from the set I didn't have. Here are a few.
A future Phillie.

A former Phillie.

1992 Kellogg's All-Stars #10 Mike Schmidt
One of the first post-career Mike Schmidt cards. Thanks Scott, one of my favorite cards from the big 2012 Summer Clearance Trade.

2007 Bowman Chrome Prospects #104 Evan Englebrook
When you're a team collector, these are the cards that drive you nuts, a parallel card of a minor league player who never made it to the majors.

No comments: