Friday, August 10, 2012

2012 Summer Clearance Trade - Results #2

My Blue Jays cards went to Nathan at Canadian Cardboard. Not only does he collect Blue Jays cards but any cardboard which features a Canadian.

Here's some of what I got from Nathan.

1994 Fleer Sunoco #15 John Kruk
This was a 25-card (including a checklist) set produced by Fleer and presumably available at Sunoco gas stations. I was collecting cards in those days but don't remember seeing these. Of course I didn't generally buy my gas at Sunoco.  The cards have the same basic design as 1994 Fleer, but feature different photos. I already had two cards from this set (Bagwell and Dykstra).

2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary #460 Cole Hamels
Always happy to pick up a Phillie or Astro I don't have from this parallel set.

2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary #586 Carlos Lee
 And here's an Astro (or I should say former Astro) from the set.

2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary #32 Chris Johnson
I only had one Astro from this set.

2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary #219 Carlos Ruiz
Nathan sent 4 Phillies from the set which I didn't have. Only two of them are still with the Phillies. Ruiz and Conreras.

2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary #267 Jose Contreras

The other two are Lidge (#242) and Werth (#325)

2012 Topps Opening Day Elite Skills #11 Roy Halladay
Halladay's "Elite Skill" is covering first base. I think the Phillies signed him more for his pitching abilities.

No comments: