Monday, February 15, 2016

1991 Topps Stand-Ups - Phillies Lenny Dykstra

I've been looking around in tradingcarddb.com, looking for Phillies cards I don't have when I came across this.


They didn't have an image for it so I looked on eBay and found a couple of sellers offering it. The scan above is mine but the scan with the item looked like this. It looks like a slightly smaller than usual die-cut card.  Here's the back.





It still sort of looks like a baseball card unless you look carefully near the bottom where it says "Slide to open & close".

Here's a photo.

Look, it stands up!  It's a small plastic container with Lenny Dykstra's face plastered on the front. It's got candy inside. 25-year-old candy. In case someone would be tempted to eat it, a previous owner has glued shut the sliding door on the bottom.

It's maybe not the most oddball baseball related thing I've bought, but it's pretty close.

No comments: