Friday, December 21, 2012

2012 Card Review - Part 2 The Inserts

Part 2 of my year-end review. This time I'm going to focus on the insert cards. This will not include parallel cards to the base cards since I thought it would be redundant to Part 1 of the series. And I'm not going to include every type of insert card from 2012, there are just too many of them.

1987 Topps Minis #55 Justin Verlander
Quantity: 20
Price Paid: $0.23
I was pretty much predisposed to like this set since 1987 Topps is one of my favorite sets. This card combines a retro uniform and a goofy pose. What more do you want?

Topps Gold Futures #48 Dellin Betances

Quantity: 9
Price Paid: $0.23
Better than most of the Topps inserts. The space where the relic goes doesn't take up most of the card.
  
Topps Golden Greats #7 Nolan Ryan
 
Quantity: 8
Price Paid: Acquired through trade
A good concept. I like the Ryan in the classic Astro's rainbow uniform.

Topps A Cut Above #12 Stan Musial
 
Quantity: 4
Price Paid: $0.23

Topps Archives 1977 Cloth Steve Carlton

Quantity:3
Price Paid: Acquired in trade

Topps Allen & Ginter Mini Man's Best Friend #1

Quantity: 1
Price Paid: $0.46


Who's a good doggy?

Topps Opening Day Elite Skills #20 Yadier Molina
 
Quantity: 6
Price Paid: $0.15

Topps Gypsy Queen Moonshots Mickey Mantle

Quantity: 8
Price Paid: $0.43




No comments: