Monday, May 24, 2010

Japanese Submariner Shunsuke Watanabe

I recently picked up a pack of 2009 Topps Chrome, with this card.

2009 Topps Chrome World Baseball Classic #31
As I was reading about him on Wikipedia, my daughter happened to come in. She is a fan of all things Japanese. The Wikipedia article described his low-ball pitching technique. My daughter suggested I see if there was a You Tube video of him. There were a number of them. This one had the best quality. It's a bit long, but he stikes out the side.



It was also fun to listen to the Japanese announcers. My daughter was able to translate some of what they were saying, including why one or the other of them kept saying "hai". In Japanese, this means, yes, and indicates to the speaker that the other guy is still listening to him.

No comments: