Monday, June 22, 2009

Phorgotten Phillie Phile - Chad McConnell

There were a few big players chosen in the first round of the in 1992 draft. Guys like Derek Jeter, Jason Kendall and Johnny Damon. The Phillies first round pick was Chad McConnell out of Creighton University. Creighton is not exactly known as a powerhouse baseball school. The biggest player drafted from there seems to be Scott Servais, a 3rd round pick of the Astros in 1987. McConnell played for 4 years in the Phillies minor league system, making it to Double A Reading. During that time he hit .245 with 39 home runs. The guy sure looks like a winner in his cards.
1992 Bowman Foil

1993 Topps

1993 Upper Deck

1 comment:

Jim said...

I think I bought that '92 Bowman at a card show right after the set was released. It embarrasses me to admit this - but I think I paid $5 at the time for the card. Where have you gone Chad McConnell?