Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Even More Fairfield Repack Fun

Yesterday I featured some recent repack cards that go right into the reference binders. All in all, I pulled 98 cards from these 2 packs that I didn't have. Here are some more.

1981 Topps #309 Luis Salazar 
 1980's era uniforms. Gotta love 'em.

1983 Topps #246 George Bamberger
George seems pretty happy considering the Mets were 16-30 in 1983 when he was fired.

1984 Topps NFL Football Stars #15 Kellen Winslow
Wait a minute, what's this doing here?

1985 Topps #288 Jeff Kunkel
Nothing really special about this card, except that 22-year-old Jeff looks like he's about 12.  But the very next card was this.
This is about the most poorly cut card I've ever seen.

1988 Topps UK Minis #45 Don Mattingly
There were a bunch of these in one of the packs. I've got nearly the entire set now. The "Talkin' Baseball" feature on the back defines a 'runner' as "an offensive player advancing toward, touching or returning to any base. A team can have as many as 3 runners on base at the same time." Can you have more than one runner on a base?

1993 Upper Deck #289 Jeff Huson
Nice shot. Is that Kenny Lofton on the ground?

1994 Conlon TSN Burgundy #1126 Johnny Mize
I used to see a lot of cards from the Conlin sets in repacks but not so much anymore. The Burgandy version of the cards is rarer than the black-bordered version.

1989 Score #224 Bob Walk
Whirlybird!


3 comments:

JediJeff said...

OH man. I like me that miscut.

night owl said...

I think that's the Pete Rose manager card on the Jeff Kunkel miscut.

capewood said...

Night Owl, I believe you are right.